Thursday, January 28, 2010

How to Start

How to Start?? I have to decide. Otherwise once it starts, it ends.

I have a quite stressful start, unfortunately. There seems nothing belongs to my advantage when the Facebook Application project comes. I know nothing about PHP. I know nothing about MySQL. I know nothing about Database. Even more seriously, I hardly know anything about HTML!! However, time does not wait for me. It starts!

My decision on how to start is quite obvoius: learn! I learn from website, learn from teamates' code...and google is my friend~haha. However, I do not think I am a fast learner, therefore the learning process is quite slow and long. But it is not boring! I feel that I am motivated somehow. I want to learn, I am excited about what I have learned, I am looking forward to what is ahead waiting for me! Yet, time passes extremely fast. It does not even wait for me to learn. Every time as soon as I learned something, I have to put them into practise at once.Attempting then debugging, learning then attempting...That's the process. Sounds boring, right? However, it appears quite attractive to me! The delight of knowing something new, the expectation of succesful attempts and sense of achievement when you find out the bug...all of them make up an exciting day.

In additon, my team, such a wonderful team! Except for Justin, none of us have ever really had experience in dealing with PHP, MySQL, JavaScript and so on. It can be both a negative and a positive aspect of my team. Wonderfully, we make it a positive one. Even though we do not know much, we can learn together. We teach each other, we learn from each other and we help each other! Compared to other groups, "yes! we are slow, but we are learning!" We are slowly moving forward to accomplish our aim. And thanks to Justin's help and advice, we are still surviving happily!together!~

CS3216 is really time consuming.
"I have been studying for 20 hours.."
"A week?"
"No! A day!"
"..."
Haha~ As Angad said.~~
I used to sleep at 2330 every day. Now, it seems impossible! I can sit in front of my computer until 2am and still being excited! Also, I seldom spend time in other modules."Hah~Do I have other module?" As Tomithy said.XD~

Luckily, I managed to take my first step and survived~The next step, see how!Hahahaha~

2 comments:

  1. I can sit in front of my computer until 2am and still being excited!

    Sounds good. :-) Much easier to take pain if you're excited about it. :-P

    ReplyDelete